Acting for Non-Beginners (Series 2), Intensive, 3 Saturdays
Are you a beginning or intermediate-level actor with some experience, and eager to further develop your skills? Have you performed a few times on stage, in leading or supporting roles, and interested in going deeper into the preparation process, so that your next performance can be at the next level? Do you want to have a “break-through” in your work? This course is designed for you. It will lead you through an in-depth preparation process, from script analysis to character development and prepare you for a taking on a character and performing credibly and powerfully. It will cover the following subject areas:
- Enhanced techniques for auditions
- Relaxation, concentration, presence and warm-up techniques
- In-depth script analysis and progression through the rehearsal process
- In-depth character analysis and development, including creating character overall objectives, building character physicality and movement (including Laban-based Movement), and developing character scene objectives
- Introduction to Method Acting tools
- Performing monologues and duologues
This course will offer 18 contact hours and will be held on three Saturdays in Frankfurt. The sessions will be a combination of theory, exercises and practical application of techniques, including preparing and acting several scenes. The course will be held with a minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 participants.
Dates: February 04, 11, 18
Times: 09:00 am to 3:00 pm
Cost: 130 € FEST members / 160 € non-members*
Course Leader: Jeff Book
Bookings are no longer available for this event.