Here’s the latest FEST News Flash, with all the information you need about what’s going on with your club!
October Production: Audience With Murder
Not much to report other than that the actors will all be off book by the next rehearsal – cast, do you copy?! :°) – and that we still need help with the production on set construction & make-up. We are also looking for the following pieces of stage furniture & props: an armchair; a drinks table (must be fairly sturdy as people lean against it); a bottle of gin (preferably empty but we’ll take it with contents if you insist); a glass decanter (for brandy) with a stopper.
Please get in touch with [email protected] or [email protected] to offer your time, expertise and furniture!
Too Wilde For Words! In the spirit of good karma, come and support local theatre. FEST member and beloved boogie man Benjamin Spieler will be performing at the Gallus Theatre. The piece was written by and also stars Kevin Oakes, of FEST panto directing fame. It is a tribute to Oscar Wilde and features poetry, play excerpts, songs and a fairytale. Live musical accompaniment will be provided by Sascha Duerfeldt on piano. The show is running for two nights only, Sept 16 [oops!] & 17and at the very affordable price of € 11-16. It would be wonderful to have a large FEST audience at the theatre.
German theatre but well worth the effort: Viel Lärm Um Nichts, or Much Ado About Nothing, in a tour de force presented by only three actors at the Stalburg Theater. Playing on various dates in Sept/Oct/Nov, check out the link.
The FEST and ESOC committees met during the FOASB, and we agreed to go for a co-production in February 2011. We are aiming for one weekend in Frankfurt, one in Darmstadt; dates subject to venue availability: 3/4/5 and 10/11/12 February 2011. Auditions will be in Frankfurt, first week of November. More soon!
We decided to make this another co-production with ESOC – they can host and have several members who are very keen – dates 30 October or 13 November (both Saturdays). Cost for members will be around € 25. Details to be announced soon.
Calendar / What’s On
· Starting 10 Sept: “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf” at the English Theatre
· 19 Sept: Open House, Städtische Bühnen Frankfurt, 14:00-19:00, acting & make-up workshops, backstage tours, costumes on sale etc!
· 30 Sept & 1 Oct: Peter Brook production at the ITF
· 15-17 & 21-23 Oct: “Audience With Murder” (AWM) at the ITF
· 7 Oct: play reading – volunteer host, please step forward!
· Oct/Nov: possibly writing workshop, see above
· 4 Nov: play reading – volunteer host, please step forward!
· Nov: auditions for Jan/Feb production
· 2 Dec: play reading – volunteer host, please step forward!
· Dec/Jan: Xmas or New Year party
· Play readings every 1st Thursday of the month (well you should know that by now!)
· Feb: large-cast full-length play
· 20-22 & 27-29 May(tbc): 2 one-act plays, one of which will go to FEATS
· 10-13 June: FEATS in Geneva
· Oct/Nov: full-length play
That’s it for now; as always, any thoughts / requests / suggestions for what you would like FEST to do or what you would like to see included in these newsflashes, mail [email protected] or [email protected]!