We are holding OPEN AUDITIONS for our upcoming productions!
Audition Dates: Saturday, 25 March, 12 – 4pm AND Sunday, 26 March, 11 – 2pm
Callbacks: Sunday, 26 March, 2-5pm (per invitation only)
Location: Kulturhaus Frankfurt, Pfingstweidstrasse 2, 60316 Frankfurt
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike by Christopher Durang
Director: Michael Ennis
Co-Director: Leticia Tavares
Performance Dates: 8,9 Sep, 14,15 Sep, 21,22,23 Sep
Middle-aged siblings Vanya and Sonia share a home in Bucks County, PA, where they bicker and complain about the circumstances of their lives. Suddenly, their movie-star sister, Masha, swoops in with her new boy toy, Spike. Old resentments flare up, eventually leading to threats to sell the house. Also on the scene are sassy maid Cassandra, who can predict the future, and a lovely young aspiring actress named Nina, whose prettiness somewhat worries the imperious Masha.
Casting for the following roles:
VANYA: Middle-aged, living in Bucks County. Resigned to his life, more or less, at least compared to Sonia.
SONIA: his adopted sister, living with him in Bucks County. Discontent, upset, regretful.
MASHA: his sister, glamorous & successful actress who goes gallivanting around the world.
SPIKE: an aspiring actor, 20’s or 30’s, Masha’s new companion. Sexy, self-absorbed, but otherwise outgoing and friendly.
CASSANDRA: cleaning lady & soothsayer, any age.
NINA: lovely, sincere would-be actress, in her 20’s, visiting her aunt and uncle next door. Star struck, earnest and energetic.
We are also looking for BACK STAGE volunteers. For this production we are looking for a stage manager, lights & sound technician, props team, costumes assistants, hair & make-up.
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Director: Daniel Toyne
Revival Director: Jeff Book
Performance Dates: 17,18,19 Nov, 1,2,3. Dec
Death of a Salesman is a two-act tragedy set in the late 1940s in Brooklyn, told through a montage of memories, dreams, and arguments of Willy Loman, a travelling salesman who is despondent with his life, and appears to be slipping into senility. The play addresses a variety of themes, such as the American Dream, the anatomy of truth, and infidelity.
Please note that the roles of Willy, Linda, Charley, Howard/Stanley & Bernard have already been cast.
Casting for the following roles:
BIFF: Willy & Linda Loman’s older son, male, playing age mid-20’s to early 30’s.
HAPPY: Willy & Linda Loman’s younger son, male, playing age mid-20’s to early 30’s
UNCLE BEN: Willy Loman’s older brother, male, playing age mid-50’s to mid-60’s.
THE WOMAN: Willy Loman’s former lover, female, playing age early 30’s to mid-40’s.
LETTA: Young prostitute, female, playing age 20’s to early 30’s.
MISS FORSYTH: Young prostitute, female, playing age 20’s to early 30’s.
We are also looking for BACK STAGE volunteers. For this production we are looking for a producer, a stage manager, lights & sound technician, props team, costumes assistants, hair & make-up.
AUDITION PROCESS FOR BOTH PRODUCTIONS:
- Please register for the roles(s) you would like to audition for and bring your calendars with you. Last minute walk-ins will of course be accepted, but the waiting period may be longer than if you register.
- At the audition desk, you will be asked to fill out the audition form and your availability for rehearsals.
- You will then receive sides (script excerpts) for your chosen role/s and be given time to read to prepare. Should you have chosen a role from VSMS and printed sides (see below) for yourself to prepare, please bring along your printed version.
- You may want to research the roles for which you would like to audition and become somewhat familiar with the play. We only have sides to download for VSMS. This is the director’s choice and does not mean that the audition will be treated differently. You will not be asked to perform a monologue.
- PLEASE BE ON TIME as we will see you in the order of your sign-in. There may be a time where you will be waiting before called in for your audition. You can utilize this time to read through the sides and prepare for the roles that you have chosen to audition for.
- During the audition it is likely that the director will ask you to do another version of the scene.
- Most of all: Relax and have fun with the audition! Click here to register for the audition and state on which day you will be attending.
Please click HERE to register and please write AUDITION in the subject line, your name, date, time you will be arriving and the role/s you will be auditioning for.
Click HERE to download sides for Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike. We are looking forward to seeing you at the auditions!